Elkhorn State Park Image

The tiny town of Elkhorn enjoyed a silver-mining boom from the 1880s until 1890, when silver went bust and 2,500 residents dispersed. Two publicly owned structures remain from those days: Fraternity Hall and Gillian Hall, both registered on the Historic American Buildings Survey.

There's no camping at Elkhorn, and few if any services in the remainder of privately owned Elkhorn. Take a camera, take a walk through the past, and be aware of private property.

Add a review

Rating

Select a star to rate.