Tomorrow marks the Missoula Downtown Association's second annual Winter BrewFest inside the old Safeway Building on West Broadway. Things run from 2 to 8 p.m., and there's beer (duh), wine, food and live music.
That all sounds well and good, but let's get specific. Here are 43 reasons to attend — you know, other than it's a Saturday in February and football season's over and the weather's been weird and, really, what else are you going to do?
1. Bobo’s Robust Porter, Big Sky Brewing Co.
2. Powder Hound Winter Ale, Big Sky Brewing Co.
3. Bud Light, Anheuser Busch
4. You're sorta curious what the old Safeway building looks like nowadays
5. BRRR Seasonal Ale, Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.
6. Drop Top Amber Ale, Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.
7. Snow Day Winter Ale, New Belgium Brewing Co.
8. Belgo IPA, New Belgium Brewing Co.
9. Tom Catmull and the Clerics
10. Going to the Sun IPA, Great Northern Brewing Co.
11. Snow Ghost Winter Lager, Great Northern Brewing Co.
12. Pig’s Ass Porter, Harvest Moon Brewing Co.
13. Nut Brown Ale, Harvest Moon Brewing Co.
14. Cash for Junkers
15. Highlander Beer, Missoula Brewing Co.
16. Open Cab Copper Irish Ale, Quarry Brewery
17. Shale Pale Ale, Quarry Brewery
18. Cask-IPA, then Dopple, Kettlehouse Brewery
19. Barrel-aged Poshed-Porter, then Joe’s Bongwater Coffee Porter, Kettlehouse Brewery
20. Winter Warmer, Blackfoot River
21. Discover MontanaBeerFinder.com, a new local blog run by Ryan Newhouse that will be covering the event (#mslabrewfest)
22. Single Malt IPA, Blackfoot River
23. Face Plant Doppelweizen, Bayern Brewing
24. Groomer, Bayern Brewing
25. Nut Brown Ale, Bitterroot Brewery
26. Red Dread Imperial Red Ale, Bitterroot Brewery
27. Nordic Blonde, Lone Peak Brewery
28. Flathead Cherry Ale, Glacier Brewing
29. Proceeds benefit the Downtown Association. Last year's event helped pay for the Caras Park stage.
30. Salmon Fly Honey Rye, Madison River Brewing
31. Imperial IPA, Flathead Lake Brewing
32. Bufflehead Brown Ale, Flathead Lake Brewing
33. Hop Henge Experimental IPA, Deschutes Brewery
34. Sip & Go Naked Apricot Ale, Tamarack Brewery
35. Hat Trick Hop IPA, Tamarack Brewery
36. Brats marinated in Kettlehouse's Cold Smoke Ale
37. Pulaksi Porter, Blacksmith Brewing
38. Zythos Single Hop IPA, Blacksmith Brewing
39. Quill Pig Czech Pilsner, Missoula Draught Works
40. Shadow Caster Alt Ale, Missoula Draught Works
41. All Souls Saison Ale, All Souls & Big Sky Brewing
42. All Souls Imperial Saison, All Souls & Big Sky Brewing
43. Sales of All Souls beers go to local nonprofit Imagine Missoula